Powered by Blogger.

Take photos.

Thursday 2 January 2014

I am staying with my grandparents in Essex, in this little seaside town called Harwich. I really like taking photos at the beach.


harwich
On the beach there are always dozens and dozens of these little row boats but in the 10+ years I've been visiting this little beach I've probably seen only about two people actually use them.
harwich
It's been raining quite heavily recently, ya know the big Christmas storm and that. It makes the sand get trails from the shells and rocks. It's quite a mixed beach, in terms of composition. It's lusciously sandy and smooth in places, yet has a thick bar of shells and rocks that are revealed when the tide starts going out, and near the top of the beach it's a little bit of a mixture of sand and rocks.
harwich
In the background you can see the high lighthouse. It's not in use and I don't know what is happening to it but it's very pretty.
harwich
That's the low lighthouse at the end of the promenade there. It's like the high lighthouse's little sister. Inside there's a little museum but I haven't been inside in years so I can't remember very much about it. I think the promenade is quite new, they only built it after my grandparents moved there. I was very apprehensive, as most kids are about change, but it's nice. There's benches and people walk dogs and cycle. It's very nice really.
harwich
The grass and moss grows on the sand when you get near the low lighthouse. Probably because people don't stand on it so much at that end and I guess all the rain recently helped. I still find it rather peculiar and strange but also a little bit beautiful. We associate sand with dryness and deserts and isolation, yet here something we equate with life and humidity grows in it. That's kind of awesome.
harwich
Angles can make plants only a few inches tall look like a forest. Well, maybe if I hadn't added a tiny bit of tilt shift.

As always, click on the photos to go through to my flickr where you can see them in higher res.

No comments:

Post a Comment