Powered by Blogger.

Returning.

Friday 28 February 2014

Long time since I wrote, eh? It's been a weird couple of months so far this year. Losing people and finding new ones and having things with existing people get shaken up and some dealing with it well, others less so.

I started doing digital illustrations (again). I never had much patience for digital art. I never had much patience for any art really since pre-gcse. It's been 5 years since I had an art lesson and 6 years since I enjoyed an art lesson. I dabbled a little a couple of years ago when I suddenly found a little enthusiasm through fandom online. I quickly moved on to digital photo manipulation and eventually photography and film. I left my tablet in the draw. But now I picked it up again and I only have one person to thank for inspiring me to do that.

I drew these fairy sisters. I like them a lot. I think I struggle with fingers and toes. I struggle with shading and figuring out my light source. I think I'm okay at picking colours. I think my line art is alright and improving every time I do more. I'm still pretty bad at anatomy so I use lots of reference if I draw below shoulders. I think I should work on backgrounds because at the moment I leave backgrounds transparent or just a block of colour. I'm mostly proud of myself for finishing something I started, which I struggle with in every aspect of life.

I haven't got a decent end of this post. Just - hi. Maybe I'll write some more stuff soon. Things haven't really recovered from my sort of sabbatical from blog writing. They just got worse. There are new things and everything feels very up in the air. I don't know a lot about what's going to happen. I just know I am drawing again. And maybe writing again. I have some photos to post as well. I hope you are having a nice day. 

(Unless you are someone I don't like and are stalking my blog to try and hope your life is significantly better than mine, which it absolutely never, ever will be. Sorry.)

Links for the fairies
Green Haired Fairy - DA / tumblr 
Blonde Haired Fairy - DA / tumblr 


No comments:

Post a Comment