Powered by Blogger.

There's a fine, fine line between the fault in our stars and humming

Monday 16 January 2012

Today was chilly and frosty and I waited a long time until I woke up and even longer until I actually got out of bed. I sat and read one of my new books - "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. It was only released last week and I'm on page 129. I've wept over it only twice so far. It's about this teenage girl called Hazel who is has cancer and it all begins when she goes to a support group. I don't want to spoil it, but I think Hazel may be one of my all time favourite characters, though John Green is one of my all time favourite authors and vloggers (check out John and his brother Hank's youtube channel) so I would expect nothing less. John signed every copy of the first print of TFiOS. My copy has a neat green signature, and though green sharpie is my least favourite of all the sharpie colours, I am happy with this.


After I read for a time I didn't really take account of, I got up and did quite a long session of singing practice which again I didn't really time but it felt quite long. I'm learning the song "There's a fine, fine line" from the musical Avenue Q. I've heard of the musical but not the song so I've been listening to it and sung along and marking a couple of places in the score my lovely singing teacher gave me that I'm having trouble with. I feel quite happy with what I achieved today, only a few places I keep getting the timing wrong or the words mixed up or the notes wrong.

At about quarter past three this afternoon I went for a walk down by a river I don't know the name of, which was partly frozen over and I took some photos there. I'll show you some.

húllabbalabbalúú

Quietly

Quite

Humming


The theme of today is this: Humming, from the "We Bought a Zoo" OST, by Jónsi. I got this album for Christmas because Jónsi is my favourite singer and it's wonderful, better than I hoped and greater than I imagined it could be for a Hollywood production. His raw, unique and totally original (Icelandic) sound has not been ruined by Americans poking their noses in (well, apart from Alex Somers, who produced it and he's absolutely adorable - I'll have to link you up to some Jónsi & Alex music one of these days because that is flawless!). Enjoy!




(See what I did there with the title of this post? Hahahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment